Whispering Wind Academy is committed to providing a quality education for ALL students. We are committed to preparing our students for success at the University level. The mission of Whispering Wind Academy is to cultivate, lead, and inspire ALL students to become innovative thinkers and life-long learners through a challenging, meaningful, and engaging curriculum emphasizing Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Global Geography. We commit to doing the following things at school:
- Staff will treat each child with dignity and respect.
- Teachers will communicate with parents at least twice per month.
- Objectives will be posted in every classroom so that students will have clear expectations for their learning and performance.
- Achieve time will occur at least 4 times per week. It will focus on Math and Reading. This time is provided to facilitate flex grouping, in which students will receive enrichment or remediation based on data collection.
- Teachers will determine monthly SMART goals tied to their Professional Learning Committee goals. These will be driven by the data collected on student performance each month.
- We recognize that parents are vital to the success of our school and it's students, and we will encourage parent involvement.
- WWA will host a minimum of 3 parent involvement activities throughout the school year.