Eagle Ridge Elementary School participates in The City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department Phoenix Afterschool Center (PAC) — a fun, supportive, and educational place for children ages six to 13 to spend crucial afterschool hours.
- Homework Help: Daily children will have a dedicated time to complete homework and gain assistance from our PAC staff.
- Educational enrichment:
- Book Blast – Books are provided for all level readers to enjoy once homework is complete.
- Baxter's Clubhouse / Step Into Reading - Offered at select sites, this program provides intensive, one-on-one reading tutoring thanks to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) - Twice a month, participants will engage in fun, interesting, and hands-on STEM projects.
- Guest Presenters: Enrichment presentations from a wide a wide array of kid friendly partners.
- Physical Recreation: Organized games, sports, and activities designed to promote healthy bodies. Additionally children are provided weekly nutrition workshops that help educate kids on the importance of healthy eating.
- Social Recreation: Supervised free time where kids can play, socialize, and develop valuable interaction skills.
- Arts & Creative Recreation: Children will have the opportunity to expand their creative abilities through staff guided projects.
For more information on the program, visit the PAC website.